Sunday, May 31, 2015

30 Days of Grateful Living: Day 6

 

Prayer is probably one of the greatest blessings of my life. It is such a big part of my belief in God. I love that I can talk to Him at any time about anything and receive help and guidance. I can't count how many times being able to pray has been a blessing to me. I really believe that every sincere prayer is answered - sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes it's no, and sometimes it's not yet. A lot of that depends on what God knows is best for us. I have received all of those answers over time and over and over again and I've been able to see just how blessed I was that God answered the way He did.

Prayer is also a blessing because all my gratitude ultimately goes back to my gratitude for my Heavenly Father. He is the source of all my blessings. I think I'm not alone in realizing that I could probably do a lot better about showing my appreciation for the gifts He has given me. I believe a big part of that is just remembering to thank Him in prayer.

Today's challenge:
1. continue to write down how you are grateful for your family and God (it's been a few days so try not to repeat anything!)
2. say a special prayer of thanks to God - try not to ask for anything but just offer thanks for the things you have.
3. write down how you have been blessed by prayer.
4. find a way to act on your gratitude and think about how it makes you feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment