Wednesday, May 27, 2015

30 Days of Grateful Living: Day 2



So I hope you joined me in taking a few minutes yesterday to think about the things that our family members and God have blessed us during the day. Even though I'm thankful for my family and my Heavenly Father actually thinking about specific ways that they had blessed me during the day filled my heart and helped me love them even more.

Today's challenge is:
1. Keep writing all those and finding new ways that they show it today.
2. Write down some way that you are thankful for your body/health.
3. Find a way to act on your gratitude.

My sister is my inspiration for today's challenge. A few years ago she was severely injured in a work accident and she came close to losing both her legs. She walks today but with a lot of pain and assistance. It's been years for her of quiet agony not only for the physical pain but because there are so many things that she just can't do anymore - although stubborn as she is she keeps trying to find ways to do them anyways! :-)

At one point when it looked like she was going to have to lose her legs she wrote something that I've never forgotten - I won't even try to put it as elegantly as she did but the idea was that she was just thankful for all that she had been able to do over the years because of her legs and how much a part of some of her most special memories they were and even though she might not have those opportunities again she was thankful for the health in the rest of her body that still allowed her to live and love each day. It really made me rethink all my whining and complaints about my body.

Thinking about gratitude is good but I think we need to also act on it to see how it can really bless us. So hug your loved ones extra tight or go for a run or do whatever it is that speaks gratitude to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment