Tuesday, May 26, 2015

30 Days of Grateful Living: Day 1



This past Sunday my thoughts at church were drawn to the need for greater gratitude in my life. As I pondered it I realized that the simple act of trying to be more grateful would help or even solve many of the problems that I've been struggling with. So because I need some accountability I'm sharing my goal to live more gratefully. Although I want it to keep going for much longer than the 30 days, I figured a month is certainly something I can do and if I can do it, that means pretty much anyone can do it.

If you want to start with me all you'll need is a journal and something to write with. Don't worry about it being any particular size or shape or if it's plain or fancy, grab what you have and keep it simple!

Every day over the next month I'm going to write down in my journal the things I'm thankful for. It's as simple as that to begin with. For Day 1 I'm going to start with the most important things to me.
  • Today I am thankful for EC because:
  • Today I am thankful for Monkey because:
  • Today I am thankful for Tiger because:
  • Today I am thankful for Bear because:
  • Today I am thankful for Heavenly Father because:
I'm starting with those and will include each of them every day because my family and my Heavenly Father are the most important things in my life and as I look at how thankful I am for them I know I will see how much I am blessed and loved and my relationships with them will improve.



No comments:

Post a Comment