Friday, April 25, 2014

Food for Thought Friday: Tomato and Herb Feta Pasta



A while ago I saw this new movement called Meatless Monday. Well, I'm pretty bad at remembering what day of the week it is but I have been working on making sure at least one day of the week we have a dinner that is meet-free. The cool thing about the Meatless Monday movement is that they actually have a website up with tons of good recipes. This is a recipe that I tried from their list and everyone loves. Personally I thought it was super yummy and I love the fact that I'm actually getting my kids to try something with artichoke in it. Even my husband who is totally a meat and potatoes kind of guy when it comes to food enjoys it so I think that says something.
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6sSHMrXaN2s/Tyvse8dl5iI/AAAAAAAAAJc/qbVJowTQgOk/s320/TomatoFetaArtichokePasta-s.jpg

Ingredients: 8oz linguine, 1 T olive oil, 1 ½ tsp minced garlic, 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained, 12 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, ¼ c water, 4 oz crumbled herbed feta cheese
Directions:
1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Drain artichokes and reserve ¼ c marinade. Optionally, cut artichoke hearts in half. Add artichokes to skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in water and reserved marinade. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes until hot and bubbly.
 4. Stir in drained pasta and feta crumbles. Stir to combine and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment