Tuesday, June 2, 2015

30 Days of Grateful Living - Day 8


It's Day 8 of our challenge! Today I wanted to share some gratitude for the things that make us different. Sometimes we can get stuck in a rut trying to be like someone else - if only I was ... like them,  or if only I had ... like them. I caught myself doing this one day and realized suddenly how silly I was being. Who decided what they had was better than what I had? God could care less about or physical attributes, or temporal belongings and wealth. I don't even think He cares that much about how smart or talented we are. The only thing that matters to Him is how we're using whatever gifts He has blessed us with to follow Him and improve ourselves through His goodness. So instead of worrying about what makes us different let's celebrate the unique blessings that make up who we are!

Today's challenge:
1. continue to write down how you are grateful for your family and God (it's been a few days so try not to repeat anything!)
2. if you start to compare yourself to others silence those thoughts and remember "I am who God made me to  be and as long as I have faith to follow Him I have everything I need."
3. write down a specific way that you've been blessed by your differences.
4. find a way to act on your gratitude and think about how it makes you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment