Monday, June 8, 2015

30 Days of Grateful Living - Day 12


someone cue the crickets chirping....

Maybe it hasn't been that bad but I did kind of halt mid go over the weekend with the 30 day challenge.What can I say, it was a busy weekend with lots of family stuff and I hadn't thought ahead to prep so I'll just have to say that in addition to everything else I'm grateful for pauses that sometimes just have to happen.

Today I wanted to focus on how thankful I am for music. Some of my earliest memories are of seeing my grandmother and great-grandmother singing, directing, and playing instruments with their band of pink ladies from the hospital they volunteered at. A little bit older and I remember an elementary school music teacher who changed lives through her yearly full school musical production. About the same time as that I remember lots of nights and competitions where I would go with my mom to hear her sing with the Sweet Adaline choir. In middle school it seemed almost automatic that I joined the band and chorus and continued on through high school.

So anyways, yes, I love music. I don't think I had ever really thought about why though until I became a mom and actually probably only since Bear was born. I finally realized that music really speaks to us sometimes in a way that words just can't. Putting on some music can change the whole tone of our home within a matter of seconds. If you think I'm exaggerating just try it. I promise that it works and not just on the kids but on us too. There is power in good music and I am so thankful for it I couldn't even begin to start.

Today's challenge:
1. Continue to write down how you are grateful for your family and God (it's been a few days so try not to repeat anything!)
2. Try putting on some music and paying attention to how it makes you feel.
3. Write down your feelings of gratitude for how music has blessed your life.
4. Find a way to act on your gratitude and think about how it makes you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment