Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Fresh Start

Just a few thoughts as we begin the new year. I've really enjoyed the past month or so with not really doing anything with the blog. Still, it's a new year and a fresh start. The snow outside my window has dusted everything in the white of a new beginning. I kind of like how winter starts the year. The slate seems wiped clean and ready for all sorts of grand adventure.

Just for fun here are some of my guides as I begin this year.

- Do it now! - I'm really bad about procrastinating everything and I've come to realize over the past year just how much this has effected my life in a negative way so I'm making a guide goal of if I can do it now I go ahead and get it done.

- Today there is Only Love. - I really think that if we base all of our actions on Love of God, Love of ourselves, and love of everyone around us that a lot of the problems that we face and that the world faces just kind of melt away.

- Bit by Bit, Line upon Line. - Another thing that I think I've had a problem with in the past is that I tend to look at things from a really far distance and only look at the big goals and forget that the only way to get there is little bit by little bit and something as simple as 15 minutes a day working toward a goal can really add up in the end.

- Don't Give Up When a Step is Missed. - I love watching the Olympics. One of the big things I saw as I watched those athletes growing up was that sometimes the beauty was in a "flawless" performance. Often it came though as an athlete fell, picked themselves up again and just kept going with all they had. It's another lesson that's hard for me - it's okay to make mistakes as long as you don't give up.

Happy January First!

No comments:

Post a Comment